Have you ever wondered if you could make your Painters® paint-decorated mugs and other dishware a bit more permanent? Well the good news is, you can! Let's face it, why would you want to have your unique, one-of-a-kind design washed away after you spent so much time on it? So here's a quick and simple instruction guide on how you can bake your Painters® items to increase the lifespan of your designs. (Note: Baking method should only be used on oven-safe items).
- Clean item with soapy water.
- With clean paper towel, wipe item with rubbing alcohol to remove any soapy residue.
- Air dry.
- Decorate your item(s) using Elmer's Painters® paint markers.
- Once decorating is complete, allow time for paint to completely dry.
- Place item(s) on oven safe pan, and bake for 30 minutes at 225 degrees. (*Do not preheat oven).
- Turn oven off. Leave items in oven to cool for hour before removing.
- Set items aside for 24 hours hours prior to use and then enjoy!
- Handwash items only.
- Do not microwave.
Additional notes: Painters® are made with non-toxic acrylic paint, but avoid painting the rim of dishware to minimize beverage contact (leave ¾” gap from rim). Decorated items can be sprayed with clear acrylic sealer to increase paint durability.
(Project created by Mandy at sugarbeecrafts.com)