- Use pencil to trace two Large Body, one Small Body and one Head/Neck Patterns onto Elmer's® Foam Board. An adult should use X-ACTO® #11 Craft Knife (with new blade) on Self Healing Cutting Mat to cut Foam Board. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the Craft Knife. Replace blade often.)
Position and trace patterns onto brown paper and cut out with X-ACTO® 8" Scissors. Apply CraftBond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to entire surface of each Foam Board piece and attach corresponding paper. Set aside.
- Trace Feather pattern, twice onto each of three colors Foam Board, for a total of eight feathers. An adult should use Craft Knife on Cutting Mat to cut feathers.
- To distress, use sandpaper to lightly sand edges of feathers and body pieces. (Tip: Sand in a downward motion along edges.)
- To hold feathers, make space between two Large Body pieces as follows: Place Large Body (brown side down) on work surface. Horizontally place 4" length double-layer Foam Mounting Tape to center of Body. Then place another 4" length double-layer next to first strip and 3" length double-layer above and below the 4" lengths. Align second Large Body (Brown side up) and press in place, checking to be sure bottom edges are even. Referring to photo, similarly position Small Body and Head and attach with CraftBond ™Quick Dry Dual Tip Glue Pen.
- Trace Wattle pattern on Red Foam Board. Trace Beak on Orange Foam Board. An adult should cut Foam Board using Craft Knife on Cutting Mat.
- Use CraftBond™ Glue Spots to attach wiggle eyes onto Head, 1" from top. Refer to photo for placement of Wattle and use Quick Dry Glue to attach. Use Glue Spots to attach Beak to Head at an angle, slightly overlapping top of Wattle.
- For Turkey Countdown, each day before Thanksgiving, insert one Feather between Large Body pieces, alternating feather colors. (For younger children, you may want to number feathers to reinforce counting.) If desired, hold in place with Glue Spots. (Option: To make a permanent centerpiece, arrange and use Quick Dry Glue to attach Feathers.)
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.