- Note: The advantage to this project is that you can use up foam board scraps and create your own arrangement with the various size pieces. If you want the exact look, follow these steps. Measure, mark and use X-ACTO® Gripster® Knife and metal ruler on the X-ACTO® Self-Healing Cutting Mat to cut Foam Board™ into pieces as follows: One 6” square; two 6" x 18"; two 8" x 12"; three 3" x 8"; two 3/4" x 3 1/2"; two 3/4" x 3 7/8". Also cut approx. ten 2 1/2" x 5 3/4" (to create dimension).
- Plan placement of pieces and select papers. Use X-ACTO® Rotary Paper Trimmer to cut paper the same size as Foam Board™ pieces. Apply Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick to Foam Board™. Attach paper. (Note that blue glue dries clear.) Use X-ACTO® Knife to trim edges of paper or Foam Board as needed.
- Use the two 3/4" x 3 1/2" pieces for the sides of the box and the two 3/4" x 3 7/8" pieces for the top and bottom of the box. Glue together ends with longer pieces overlapping shorter pieces.
- Measure, mark and use X-ACTO® Knife and Cutting Mat to make a 3 1/2” square opening in center of 6” paper-covered square. Apply Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue along edges of box and attach frame.
- Before gluing, arrange pieces. For dimension, stack and use Tacky Glue on small Foam Board™ pieces to build up various pieces. Then connect pieces with Tacky Glue and let dry. (Check after five minutes to be sure pieces didn’t shift.)
- Use buttons, flowers and frame as embellishments and attach with Tacky Glue.
- For hanger loops, horizontally insert T-pins into back of arrangement, toward top. Loop and wrap 4" length of wire around each T-pin. Twist tightly to secure.
AS APPEARED IN: Today's Creative Home Arts Magazine
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.