- Elmer’s® School Glue Gel
- White tank top (washed and dried)
- 2 colors of Rit® fabric dye
- Piece of white paper/black marker
- Hot water
- 3 bowls
- Plastic gloves
- Newspapers or plastic to cover your work surface
- Piece of scrap foam board or cardboard to place inside shirt
You can write on your shirt or draw any picture you like, just make sure the glue is dry before you dye your shirt.
- Cover your workspace with newspapers or plastic.
- Use a black marker to draw your monster on white paper.
- Place the foam board inside the shirt with the monster on top.
- Use blue gel school glue to trace over your monster picture.
- Let the glue dry completely. This takes a while! (Allow 2 hours.)
- Put on the plastic gloves.
- Place 3-4 drops of dye into each bowl and fill with hot water.
- Dip the top of the shirt into yellow dye.
- Dip the bottom of the shirt into blue dye, overlapping in the center to make green.
- Soak the shirt in cold soapy water for 10-15 minutes to remove the glue.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for washing and drying your customized t-shirt.
Designed by Katie Hacker
As seen on Hands On Crafts for Kids