- For the word "Pancake" pattern, free-hand draw 5" – 8" bubble letters on copy paper. Use X-ACTO® 8" Scissors to cut out. Trace letters on Orange plaid paper and cut out. Outline letters with Brown Painters® Paint Marker.
For the word "Breakfast", use pencil to lightly free-hand draw on Cream plaid paper. Use Brown Painters® to trace letters. Use pencil to lightly outline "Breakfast" (approximately 3/4" around). Use 8" scissors to cut out.
Referring to photo, use several layers of CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape (for dimension) to attach lettering, overlapping as desired.
- For Plate’s sturdiness, use CraftBond™ All Purpose Glue Stick to bond three layers of plates together. Set aside.
- For Bacon, use X-ACTO® Craft Knife and Metal Ruler on Self-Healing Cutting Mat to cut 1" x 6" and 1" x 9" lengths of brown Fun Foam. In small container, thin black paint with water. Use dry brush technique to paint lines running lengthwise on bacon strips. Let dry.
- For Eggs, with pencil lightly draw two irregular oval shapes (approximately 4" x 6") on white Fun Foam. Use 8" scissors to cut out. In small container, thin brown paint with water. To simulate a "fried egg", dip small area of paper towel in paint and rub edges of eggs. For yolks, make a 1 1/2" diameter ball of air-dry clay. Slice in half and flatten slightly if desired. Let dry. Paint with deep yellow and use glue gun to attach to Egg Whites.
- For pancakes, use 8" Scissors to cut four irregular 5-6" circles from tan Fun Foam.
Use thinned brown paint and lightly sponge top surface, applying extra around edges to look "browned". Set aside to dry.
- For butter pats, use Craft Knife and Metal Ruler on Cutting Mat to cut eraser into two 1" squares. Rub eraser corners and edges on paper to slightly round. Paint with light yellow. Let dry.
- Refer to photo to assemble. Stack pancakes, slightly overlapping, and use glue gun to attach to plate, letting pancakes extend beyond edge. Position and glue eggs to plate. For bacon, place strips in desired position. Starting with longest strip, glue end of strip, make a ripple and spot glue, continue to ripple and glue bacon to plate. In the same manner, glue second strip of bacon.
- For syrup, in container place approximately a teaspoon amount of Elmer's® Glue-All. Add a little brown paint and thin with water until the consistency and color of maple syrup. (Note: Glue will dry transparent, leaving a light brown syrup look.) Drizzle over pancakes and a little on plate and around bacon and eggs. (Tip: Don't pour mixture over butter.) Set plate on flat surface to dry.
- When completely dry, refer to photo and use glue gun to attach food plate to right side of Foam Board, positioning plate extending beyond top edge. Glue napkin and silverware in place.
- With Black Painters®, write pertinent information on sign: Date, Time and Location.
- For an additional pop, cut starburst from a scrap of Orange Plaid paper. Use Brown Painters® to write information and outline edges. Attach to sign with several layers of Foam Mounting Tape for added dimension.
DESIGNED BY: Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.