- Place one Elmer’s® Dry Erase Foam Board sheet on cutting work surface. Use X-ACTO® Designer Series Gripster Craft Knife and Metal Ruler to cut 20” x 30” foam board in half, so that it measures 15” x 20”.
- Use Metal Ruler to measure 10” up on the 20” side to measure the half-way point. Pencil in halfway line all the way across cut Foam Board piece on the front and back of your Board.
- Use Elmers® Double Sided Permanent Tape and run a strip on the Board from edge to edge just below your pencil line.
- Cut a piece of decorative fabric 12” x 18” with an X-ACTO® Designer Series 8” Scissors. Remove white protective covering on tape on Foam Board (from step 3) to reveal top adhesive side. Place top edge of the 18” length of fabric on tape to adhere to Board.
- Turn Foam Board over and place 3 more pieces of Double Sided Tape along the bottom and two sides up to the center line on the back of the board. Remove white protective covering on tape to reveal top adhesive sides.
- Wrap edges of the fabric piece from the front around to the back and adhere to the Double Sided Tape lines to secure. Start with the two outer sides. Before wrapping up the bottom edge, fold each corner into a triangle (much like if you were wrapping a present) and adhere to bottom tape line.
- Now run a strip of Elmers® Designer Masking Tape all along the front on top of the top edge of the fabric on the center line. Wrap about 2” around each side to the back of the Board. Continue by adding more lines of Decorative Tape along the center and all of the edges, making sure all loose edges are secured around the back of the Board to create clean edges.
- Decorate the barrel of your dry erase marker with stripes of Decorative Masking Tape to coordinate with your board.
- Cut one length of 20” and a smaller length of 12” of ribbon. With the smaller length, tie one end on the cap of your dry erase marker.
- Cut 2 square pieces of self-adhesive foam approximately 3” wide. Then cut each square diagonally to create 4 triangle pieces. Turn Board over, and secure one adhesive triangle on one of the top two corners (the blank dry erase side), making sure to place an end of the longer length of ribbon sandwiched in between to secure. On the other top corner, repeat, but also secure the end of the dry erase marker ribbon under the adhesive triangle as well. This will create your hanger and secure the pen to your board for ease of use. Finish off by placing the remaining two triangle foam pieces on the bottom two corners (over the fabric corners).
- Personalize your board by securing a foam initial letter on the front of your board using Double Sided Permanent Tape.
- Add decorative details with Swirl Glam Glitter Glue onto the front of the fabric and let dry before using.
DESIGNED BY*: Pauline Molinari